Potato, such a handy food, has been discovered along with a new land and has turned into a basic component of our diet.
One of the delicious recipes that we can make with this tuber is “Potato balls filled with cheese”, a recipe that will delight everyone.
We recommend you make small size balls in order for them to cook better in the pan. Besides, do not throw away potato leftovers as you can use them to make a delicious mash potato. It is a recipe that must be made beforehand as the potatoes must be left to chill in the fridge. Here is the video of the recipe:
- Potatoes, decide quantity according to the portions you need and how much you eat. With 2 or 3 medium size potatoes you will have enough.
- 250 g of bacon
- 3 large tbsp of grated cheese (choose the one you prefer, the Havarti usually turns out great because it melts very well)
- 2 egg yolks (with the whites you can have fun making a meringue)
- A pinch of salt (the bacon will give it a salted touch so be careful)
- For the coating: flour, egg and breadcrumbs
- Cook the potatoes. They should be cooked in 20 minutes, prick it with a fork and check that they are soft. If you add salt to the water, you won’t need to add anymore later. Once ready, mash it with a fork, potato masher…to obtain a mashed potato.
- While the potatoes are still warm, add the butter and grated cheese, you should obtain a thick dough that should be allowed to cool before putting it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Now make the potato balls and coat them. Begin by dipping them into flour, then the beaten eggs and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Fry them in well heated oil and put them on some kitchen towel to help absorb the excess oil.
- We recommend it be very hot for the cheese to melt.